- 24/10/2023 --- v1.0 -- Initial publication
On 19 October 2023, VMware has released security updates to address two vulnerabilities affecting Aria Operations for Logs. The exploitation of the vulnerabilities could lead to Remote Code Execution and Authentication bypass. The vulnerabilities are tracked as
CVE-2023-34052 with a CVSS score of 8.1.
It is recommended updating as soon as possible.
- CVE-2023-34051: This vulnerability (CVSS score of 8.1) allows an unauthenticated, malicious actor to inject files into the operating system of an impacted appliance which can result in remote code execution.
- CVE-2023-34052: This vulnerability (CVSS score of 8.1) allows a malicious actor with non-administrative access to the local system to trigger the deserialisation of data which could result in authentication bypass.
- VMware Aria Operations for Logs running on version 8.x before version 8.14;
- VMware Cloud Foundation (VMware Aria Operations for Logs) running on versions 5.x and 4.x.
CERT-EU recommends updating to the latest version as soon as possible.